Gas grill tips over leading to fire, explosion at Faribault mobile home park

It happened on Easter afternoon.
Author:
Publish date:

A gas grill exploded during the afternoon on Easter Sunday, with the ensuing fire destroying two mobile homes.

Firefighters responded to the scene at Evergreen Estates in Faribault around 5:15 p.m. Sunday, according to KDHL radio. There, they found two mobile home structures ablaze.

The fire started when a gas grill tipped over, and the LP gas cylinder came off, the Faribault Daily News writes. Its hose broke, filling the area with pressurized LP gas - that caused the fire, which then resulted in the cylinder exploding.

A friend of one of the families impacted started a GoFundMe, saying they "lost everything they owned."

"i would love to help them out as much as possible since they dont have anything left i will make sure they get all the donations they receive from you amazing people!!" the organizer wrote.

One person suffered first-degree burns in the incident, but nobody else was hurt.

Next Up

Related