Gov. Tim Walz said during a news conference Friday afternoon that there won't be a curfew in the Twin Cities Friday night.
This comes after two nights of curfews in Minneapolis following misinformation that prompted rioting and looting Wednesday night. Rumors spread on social media that night that a Black man had been shot by police when he had actually killed himself on Nicollet Mall.
Thursday night was relatively calm and peaceful as more than 1,000 law enforcement officials from several agencies were out patrolling the Twin Cities.
There were about 100 arrests made Thursday night, about 80 for curfew violations, according to the state Department of Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington.
The curfew was in effect from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said Friday afternoon that the city has extended the local emergency declaration until 8 a.m. Monday, but there won't be a curfew Friday night.
Going into this weekend, there will still be increased law enforcement patrolling the area, Frey said, noting there are no plans to demobilize the National Guard.