Jennie-O Turkey has announced that it will be donating the $25,000 it had offered as a reward to find Jayme Closs directly to the 13 year old.
Jayme was found earlier this month having been held captive for almost 3 months, having escaped the house she was being kept in near Gordon, Wisconsin.
A $50,000 reward had been offered for information, $25,000 from the FBI and $25,000 from Jennie-O, after Jayme went missing on Oct. 15 following the deaths of her parents.
While there has been no indication of what will happen to the FBI's cut, Jennie-O announced on Thursday that it will be giving the reward it had offered to Jayme herself.
"On behalf of the entire Jennie-O and Hormel Foods family, we are overjoyed at the news of Jayme’s safe return," said Jim Snee, president and CEO at Jennie-O's owners Hormel Foods.
"Her bravery and strength have truly inspired our team members around the world. Barron is an incredibly strong community and one that never lost hope. We celebrated with the community, and the world, that Jayme is home."
Jayme escaped her captivity on Jan. 10, finding help in the form of dog walker Jeanne Nutter and nearby residents Kristin and Peter Kasinskas, who called the police.
Speaking last week, the Kasinskas said that the reward money should go to Jayme, "because she got herself out."
Jennie-O employed Jayme's parents Denise and James, who were allegedly killed by Jake Patterson on the night she was abducted from her home in Barron.
"First and foremost, Jennie-O Turkey Store is a family,” said Steve Lykken, Jennie-O Turkey Store president. "Here in Barron our Jennie-O family is dealing with a very tragic situation.
"While we are still mourning the loss of longtime family members Jim and Denise, we are so thankful for Jayme’s brave escape and that she is back in Barron. The company has expressed its wishes to donate the $25,000 to Jayme. Our hope is that a trust fund can be used for Jayme’s needs today and in the future."