Metro Transit services to remain suspended through Tuesday

Services have been shut down since late last week.
Author:
Publish date:

Metro Transit has said its services will remain suspended at least through the end of Tuesday following the past week's unrest.

Metro area buses, light rail and the Northstar commuter train have been shut down since late last week in response to the ongoing civil unrest in the Twin Cities.

With the past two nights seeing less destructive scenes in the metro, Metro Transit has tentatively pegged Wednesday as the day it will resume reserves for bus and Northstar.

Light rail will follow on Thursday, June 4.

"We are still in the process of assessing damage to our infrastructure and facilities, developing and evaluating the necessary detours, and identifying other potential service limitations," Metro Transit said.

"As we resume transit operations, transit schedules may be adjusted to reflect any curfew orders, detours, and other issues that will affect service."

A final decision on this will be made by 6 p.m. on Tuesday.

Essential workers under COVID-19 rules will still be able to use Metro Mobility and Transit Link until Metro Transit services resume.

Sign up for our BREAKING NEWS newsletters

Next Up

Related