With just under 30 games to go between now and the All-Star break, Twins third baseman Miguel Sano looks like a lock to be a starter for the American League.
In the third voting total update released Tuesday, Sano holds more than a 300,000-vote lead over Cleveland's Jose Ramirez.
- Miguel Sano, Twins: 1,010,060
- Jose Ramirez, Indians: 697,747
- Manny Machado, Orioles: 677,925
- Josh Donaldson, Blue Jays: 527,680
- Alex Bregman, Astros: 512,734
In last week's voting update, Sano's lead over Ramirez was fewer than 100,000 votes.
No other AL position has a bigger gap in votes between first and second.
Sano, hitting .288 with 15 home runs and 46 RBI, is top 10 in the AL in homers, RBI, runs, walks, slugging percentage and OPS.