Skip to main content

Minneapolis authorities pull body from Mississippi River

  • Author:
  • Updated:

Officials are working to determine the name and cause of death of a man whose body was pulled from the Mississippi River in Minneapolis Friday afternoon.

According to a news release from the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, the body was recovered just after noon near the Camden Bridge at 45th Street N and Lyndale Avenue N.

All authorities have revealed so far is that the corpse is that of an adult male. Officials say the Hennepin County Medical Examiner will make an identification of the man and determine what killed him.

Authorities were alerted to the body by an unidentified caller who had seen it in the river.

The sheriff is now investigating the incident, with KSTP reporting that the man's identified will be released at a later stage by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner.

BringMeTheNews is not aware of any missing persons cases that might relate to this discovery.

Next Up


Beloved Eagan Dairy Queen says goodbye

A summer staple has shuttered in Eagan.

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 3.44.22 PM (2)

Bridge damage closes westbound Hwy. 62 between Richfield, Edina

The Minnesota Department of Transportation said bridge maintenance work is in progress.

Michael Miller

Charges: Drunk driver killed former chair of Hibbing Chamber of Commerce

Michael Miller's blood-alcohol content was nearly three times the legal limit at the time of the crash.

Mystic Lake

Charges: Man attacked Mystic Lake security with 2x4

A chaotic scene unfolded after the man approached the bell stand late Friday.


SWAT presence in Eagan neighborhood Tuesday morning

There's a developing story out of Eagan.


Comedian claims hotel bed bug ruined his Twin Cities visit

The Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Minneapolis states otherwise.


lake water

Body pulled from Mississippi River in Minneapolis

It's the second body found in the river in the past 7 days.

police lights

Body recovered from Mississippi River in Minneapolis

The body was reported around 9:20 a.m. Sunday.