Minnesota takes action against 2 more restaurants that have reopened

The bars are violating the governor's executive order designed to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Author:
Updated:
Original:
Bar beer

The Minnesota Department of Health has announced it is taking action against two more bars/restaurants that have reopened in violation of the state's ban on dine-in service to reduce the spread of COVID.

The department has issued cease-and-desist orders and notices of liquor license suspension against the Long Pine Store in Pine River, and Jamieson's on Main in Oslo.

The current ban on dine-in service is in place until Jan. 11, after the initial shutdown period due to end Dec. 18 was extended by Gov. Walz.

MDH says that Long Pine Store was found to be open for "beverage consumption" during an inspection on Dec. 18, with the cease-and-desist and notice of license suspension issued on Dec. 24.

Follow Bring Me The News on News Break

An inspection at Jamieson's on Main was carried out on Dec. 21 and was also found to be open for the consumption of food.

They join a growing list of establishments that have been the subject of enforcement action by either MDH, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, or the Minnesota Attorney General's office.

“COVID-19 protocols are designed to slow the spread of this virus and reduce the impacts of this pandemic,” said MDH Assistant Commissioner Dan Huff.

"Our preference is always to work with businesses to bring them into compliance, and we consider regulatory actions as a last resort. The vast majority of businesses are doing their best to help slow down the spread of COVID-19, and we owe it to them to have a consistent and fair enforcement approach.”

Next Up

Mark_Pavelich

Reports: 'Miracle on Ice' star Mark Pavelich found dead at treatment facility

The 63-year-old had been ordered to undergo psychiatric care.

hennepin county government center fencing minneapolis chauvin

Minneapolis, Hennepin County spending $1M on barricades, fencing for Chauvin trial

Minneapolis hopes to be reimbursed for fortification costs by the state if it passes the proposed SAFE Account.

police lights

Police: 3 Minnesotans made fake report to divert SD police away drug investigation

Three people from Detroit Lakes are facing charges, with two of the men involved accused of making a false report of gunmen entering a local business.

Drive-up vaccine

HealthPartners opens drive-up COVID vaccine site

The healthcare provider says it's the first drive-up vaccination site in the state.

derek chauvin

Appeals court: Judge must reconsider third-degree murder charge against Chauvin

The appeals court's recent decision on a different officer-involved shooting case is precedent, it said.

covid-19, vaccine

New data reveals Minnesotans getting COVID vaccines are disproportionately white

The Minnesota Department of Health revealed race and ethnicity vaccine data on Friday.

Bryan Ellinger

Charges: Trail of Terror supervisor sexually assaulted 3 teenage employees

Bryan Ellinger was arrested in January accused of raping a 15-year-old employee. Two more women have come forward accusing him of sexually assaulted them as teens.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 8.52.53 AM

Donations flood in for N. Minneapolis teen who penned Star Tribune column

Marcus Hunter gained recognition for writing about his experience as a Black teen in North Minneapolis following the police killing of George Floyd.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 7.49.11 AM

Fatal crash victim identified as newlywed from Buffalo

Whitney Nelson died after a two-vehicle crash near Glencoe Tuesday.

Related

Cork, Anoka

Three more restaurants that have reopened now face legal action

The Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison has filed lawsuits against them.

bar

3 more bars facing enforcement action for reopening in violation of COVID rules

The bars face having their liquor licenses suspended, as well as risking court action.

the interchange

MN health department sues 2 restaurants for operating without a license

The restaurants in Albert Lea and Milaca had their licenses revoked after they violated the governor's COVID-19 executive orders.

bar

Coalition reveals list of bars, gyms planning to reopen despite COVID shutdown

Any that open will be in violation of Gov. Tim Walz's executive order, which is set to be extended.

Governor Tim Walz

Watch live: Gov. Tim Walz announces bar, restaurant reopening plans

The latest 'turning of the dials' in Minnesota's COVID-19 response is being revealed.

Bar beer

Three more bars subject of lawsuits for violating COVID-19 rules

They are the latest to be sued by the Attorney General's Office.