A gas station employee in northwest Minnesota was sickened after handling cash coated in an unknown substance on Monday.
The female worker at the Cenex gas station just north of Mahnomen said she felt a burning sensation after handling a bill she took from a customer, WDAY reports.
The bill was coated in what appeared to be a white powder, responders said, but it won't be known exactly what it is until tests come back.
The worker was brought to the Mahnomen Health Center along with six of their fellow employees who were taken as a precaution. All have since been released.
The White Earth Police Department says that health center was diverting all other patients to nearby hospitals while the workers were assessed, but has since returned to normal business.
A Hazardous Materials Chemical Assessment Team from Moorhead was brought to the gas station to assess the scene, and the gas station has since re-opened to the public.
The person who handed over the cash has not yet been found, with police investigating.