Police in Minneapolis are investigating after a wave of incidents in Northeast in which a pickup truck has been ramming garage doors.
Minneapolis PD told Bring Me The News that the suspect vehicle is an older, grey Dodge Dakota pickup, and there have been six reported incidents over the past week.
In two of the incidents, the criminals took something from inside the garage.
The reports have come from the following locations in the Waite Park and Audubon Park neighborhoods:
- 2900 block of Buchanan Street Northeast – 7:58 p.m. on Nov. 7.
- 3200 block of Garfield Street Northeast – 3:15 p.m. on Nov. 7.
- 3000 block of Hayes Street Northeast – 10:15 a.m. on Nov. 7.
- 3100 block of Pierce Street Northeast – either Nov. 8 or 9.
- 3500 block of Pierce Street Northeast – 1 a.m. on Nov. 8.
- 3200 block of Taylor Street Northeast – 6 p.m. on Nov. 9
Pictures of some of the damage were shared on the I Love Northeast Minneapolis Facebook page, with one victim saying she had a kayak stolen from her garage.
The below image of the suspect truck ramming a garage door was posted on NextDoor.
The Minneapolis Police 2nd Precinct is asking residents to report any sightings of the suspicious vehicle or any suspicious activity.
It's also recommending people secure their main garage and service doors, using deadbolts or security strike plates where possible.