The man accused of brutally attacking a 14-year-old Fargo girl for more than 20 minutes is now charged with murder.
Kate Naumann, assistant states attorney in Cass County, told Bring Me The News an amended complaint against 23-year-old Arthur Prince Kollie was filed Friday morning. He is now charged with murder, rather than attempted murder. The robbery and aggravated assault charges remain the same.
The new charge comes after the victim of the apparently random attack, Daisy "Jupiter" Paulsen, died from her injuries. In a devastating Go Fund Me post earlier this week, her father, Robert Paulsen, said doctors told them their "baby girl is too far gone and there isn’t anything they can do. Just to gather family and to say our goodbyes..."
She was pronounced brain dead on June 8, InForum reports.
On Wednesday, a "Donate Life" flag-raising ceremony was held outside the hospital.
And on Thursday, loved ones and doctors at Sanford Medical Center in Fargo held an emotional honor walk, as Jupiter was brought in for organ and tissue donation, according to InForum.
Jupiter was skateboarding to her mother's house shortly before 7 a.m. on Friday, June 4, when she was attacked outside a Fargo strip mall. The teen was beaten and strangled, and stabbed 25 times, and according to the charges against Kollie, surveillance footage shows the attack lasting for about 25 minutes.
Kollie was arrested later that afternoon and on Monday was initially charged with attempted murder, robbery with a firearm, and aggravated assault. You can read more details about the allegations against Kollie here.
A preliminary hearing and arraignment is scheduled for July 14.