The young worker who suffered an electric shock while working at an apartment site near the Minnesota Vikings' Eagan training campus has died.
The family of Aaron Welle, 18, of Holdingford, have confirmed that the teen died from the injuries he sustained on the afternoon of Wednesday, Mar. 3.
Welle was reportedly shocked when he stepped into a puddle while holding a live electrical cord while working on the Viking Lakes apartments, a part of the wider Viking Lakes development owned by the Wilf Family.
He was working for a Sauk Rapids-based subcontractor at the time. His death is under investigation by the Minnesota Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
An obituary for Welle says he graduated from Holdingford High School in 2020, and was a "fun-loving, happy-go-lucky kiddo."
"He was a very caring and compassionate man and a great friend who loved playing sports; he always smiled and loved his family and friends," it added.
Tributes have been paid by other organizations in the Holdingford area.