Teenage girl catches on fire near gas pumps in Shoreview

It happened at a Quik Stop on Lexington Avenue.
Author:
Publish date:

A 17-year-old girl was rushed to Regions Hospital in St. Paul with critical injuries after catching on fire at a gas station. 

According to Lake Johanna Fire Chief Tim Boehlke, the girl was near gas pump when she caught fire at the Quik Stop store at 5910 Lexington Ave. N., in Shoreview, just after 6 a.m. Tuesday.

She ran inside the store, where an employee called 911 and a bystander doused the flames with a fire extinguisher.

There was also a fire near the gas pumps, which was put out by the time fire crews arrived on scene. 

The 17 year old suffered life-threatening burns, Boehlke said. Her identity and current condition is unknown and the cause of the fire isn't being announced until the investigation is complete. 

But Boehlke did tell BMTN that they don't believe there was any malfunction with the pumps and that the fire was NOT accidental.

He also said they don't believe anyone else was involved.

There was no damage to the gas pumps and minor damage inside the store. 

Follow Bring Me The News on Twitter for the latest stories

Next Up

Related