The Press Bar and Parlor in downtown St. Cloud is a total loss after a fire erupted at the popular bar and nightclub early Monday morning.
According to St. Cloud Fire Department, the building, which partially collapsed, will need to be demolished. Fox 9's Paul Blume reports that fire crews were finally able to shut their hoses off around 1 p.m., proceeding to monitor the smoldering rubble.
Fire Battalion Chief Jerry Raymond said they were drenching the fire with 6,000 gallons of water per minute, with firefighters eventually forced out of the building and into a defensive mode to prevent the fire from spreading.
"We would like to thank our St. Cloud Fire Department, St. Cloud Police department and all other first responders who assisted with the devastating fire that broke out at The Press Bar early this morning," a statement on the establishment's Facebook page said.
"We are thankful that no one was in the building at the time of the fire. We’ve gained many great employees, friends and memories there over the years. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers."
Mexican Village, located across the street from The Press, closed for the day due to heavy smoke in downtown St. Cloud, as did Erbert & Gerbert's and other businesses in the area.