A 33-year-old was electrocuted after accidentally touching a power line with a saw extension.
Noah Joshua Ness was working on the north side of the 14500 block of County Road 35 in Big Lake Township around 12:30 p.m. Friday, according to the Sherburne County Sheriff's Office. He'd been using a Silky Saw pole saw with an extension to cut branches on an evergreen there, authorities said.
At some point, authorities believe, the saw came into contact with a power line and he fell to the ground.
Ness, from Royalton, Minnesota, was airlifted to the University of Minnesota Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to the sheriff's office. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner will determine an official cause of death.