The original plan to shut down major freeways and highways in and out of Minneapolis and St. Paul at 8 p.m. Sunday has been moved up to 5 p.m., a last-minute decision announced by the Minnesota Department of Transportation at 4:38 p.m.
In fact, the original Sunday plan was to keep traffic flowing in and out of St. Paul, but the state's capitol city is now included in the closures beginning at 5 p.m.
It looks to be a carbon copy of the closures that were in effect Saturday.
- I-35W north/south between I-694 & Hwy. 62
- I-35E north/south between Hwy. 36 & Hwy. 62
- I-94 east/west between I-694 & the I-694/I-494 interchange
- I-394 east between Hwy. 100 & I-94
- Hwy. 55 north/south between Hwy. 62 & I-94