Gov. Tim Walz will announce a new set of COVID-19 rules at an afternoon press conference.
The governor will address Minnesota at 1:15 p.m., and hold press calls afterwards. On Wednesday, Minnesota reported 92 new deaths from COVID-19, though cases and hospitalizations have been declining.
Here's what is being announced:
- Indoor dining ban extended to Jan. 10, outdoor dining allowed to resume Saturday.
- Gyms to be allowed to reopen Saturday at limited capacity, but masks must be worn even during exercise, 12-feet distance required.
- In-person classes to resume at elementary schools. Mask wearing not required for students, but teachers will need to wear one plus face shields.
- Youth sports practices allowed to resume Jan. 4.
- Social gathering rules to be loosened for Christmas, to allow two households and a maximum of 10 people indoors, or three households and a maximum of 15 people outdoors.
A live video link will be posted below when it's available: