Skip to main content

Water main break shuts down Duluth hotel

  • Author:
  • Updated:

The Radisson in downtown Duluth will stay closed through the weekend after a water line break flooded the hotel and displaced 80 guests.

The Associated Press reports the break occurred Wednesday night, sending water rushing into a tunnel under the street and into the basement of the hotel.

Radisson general manager tells the Duluth News Tribune that the flood may have impacted the building's electricity, all the windows were dark Thursday night. The water also flooded a basement elevator, which may be a longer repair.

Guests were moved a few blocks away to the nearby Holiday Inn and Sheraton.

A private contrator severed the service line connecting the hotel's water supply at a nearby construction site.

Northlands NewsCenter has video:

Next Up

School dinners lunch

Minnesota to offer free school meals to 90,000 extra students

Gov. Tim Walz, who is facing re-election in November, announced the measure on Monday.


Minneapolis man dies from injuries days after motorcycle pileup

The 69-year-old died after four days at Regions Hospital.

Sebastion Wolbersen-O’Hara

Police: 15-year-old missing from home north of Twin Cities

Authorities say he may be headed to the metro.


Foundation, the building, the win

Identifying Value Plus Catalysts helps your financial strategy and foundation

boating minnesota lake

25-year-old Hopkins man drowns after falling off boat

The man reportedly fell from the boat while fishing with friends.

mayor frey city minneapolis live stream march 14 2022

What's in Mayor Jacob Frey's budget proposal?

Here's a breakdown of what the Minneapolis mayor is focusing on in 2023-24.

Low, Mimi Parker

Low cancels Europe shows due to Mimi Parker's cancer treatment

The Duluth band says the decision follows 'recent changes' in Parker's treatment.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 11.09.39 AM

Wisconsin man admits to 1992 revenge killings 15 years after boyhood tragedy

The 52-year-old man is in custody 30 years after the 1992 double murder.