A summer of major road closures will continue next week when a series of shutdowns happen on Hwy. 62.
West metro residents have already endured traffic hell this summer thanks to the ongoing work at the I-35W and I-94 interchange.
But it will get worse for regular Crosstown Highway users, with closures planned for Hwy. 62 between Hwy. 100 and I-494 starting Tuesday, particularly impacting residents of Edina, Eden Prairie and Minnetonka.
Here's what's coming this week.
- Ramp from NB Hwy. 169 to WB Hwy. 62 closes until Mon, Sept. 10.
- Ramp from Gleason Ave. to EB Hwy. 62 closes until Sat, Sept. 15.
- From 9 a.m., EB Hwy. 62 closes from I-494 to Hwy. 212 until Mon, Sept. 10.
- Ramp from WB Hwy. 62 to Gleason Avenue closes until Sat, Sept. 15.
If that's not enough, it will be followed by a series of weekend closures that will see one side of the highway shut down between Hwy. 100 and I-494 for repaving work.
Here are the weekend closures.
- Eastbound Hwy. 62 closes from 8 p.m. Fri, Sept. to 5 a.m. Mon, Sept. 10.
- Westbound Hwy. 62 closes from Fri, Sept. 14 through Mon, Sept. 17.
- Eastbound Hwy. 62 closes from Fri, Sept. 21 through Mon, Sept. 24.
- Westbound Hwy. 62 closes from Fri, Sept. 28 through Mon, Oct. 1.