Woman dies after man pours gasoline in mobile home, lights it

The man was taken into custody at the scene.
Author:
Publish date:

A woman has died in a mobile home fire in Paynesville that was allegedly started deliberately.

Paynesville police arrived at the trailer at 420 Minnie Street to find it fully engulfed in flames just before 7 p.m. on Monday.

Officers learned a woman was inside, and she was eventually found in the bathroom.

Life-saving efforts were made at the scene and she was taken to Paynesville Hospital, but it was there she was pronounced dead.

Reports made to police suggested a male had been seen pouring gasoline inside the mobile home before starting it on fire.

A man was taken into custody at the scene, and was taken to the St. Cloud Hospital for treatment.

He is now being held on charges of probable cause 2nd-degree murder.

The victim's identity and cause of death will be released at a later stage by the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office.

Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office at 320-251-4240.

Next Up

Related