A woman was found dead in her home in Maple Grove from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on Friday evening, and multiple responding officers were hospitalized from the fumes.
Maple Grove police say they responded to the 13600 block of 86th Avenue around 5:45 p.m. Friday on a report of a possible carbon monoxide event. The 911 caller reported finding a woman not breathing and a strong smell of gas coming from the garage.
The first officer to respond tried to help the woman but the suspected CO fumes were too strong. Two other officers arrived and removed the officer and woman from the house.
All three officers required treatment at the hospital before being released.
The woman's identity has not been revealed. Her death remains under investigation.