As announced by the Minnesota Minute Men, the 10 finalists for the 2018 Mr. Hockey Award are:
- Carter Randkelev, Moorhead
- George Grannis, Duluth Marshall
- Lucas McGregor, Centennial
- Luke Loheit, Minnetonka
- Ben Almquist, Holy Family
- Colin Schmidt, Wayzata
- Demetrius Koumontzis, Edina
- Garret Worth, Duluth East
- Luke LaMaster, Duluth East
- Sammy Walker, Edina
SB Nation's College Hockey wing predicts the winner will be Edina's Sammy Walker or Moorhead's Carter Randkelev.
Walker, a future Golden Gopher, was actually taken in the seventh round of last year's NHL Draft by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The two finalists for the state's top goaltender, the Frank Brimsek Award, are Atticus Kelly of St. Thomas Academy and Ben Garrity of Rosemount.
The 34th annual Mr. Hockey banquet is the day after the State Tournament wraps up, Sunday, March 11.