TGIF! Especially when it also happens to be the Twins baseball opener. Game time is at 2:05 central, as Baltimore hosts Minnesota. That's on our list today, as well as some hockey housekeeping:
1) A solid Gophers hockey team ran into a juggernaut last night in Tampa. Boston College 6, Minnesota 1in the Frozen Four semifinals. The Eagles will face Ferris State for the NCAA title on Saturday night.
2) At the X last night, the Wild won yet another shootout -- this time vexing the Chicago Blackhawks, 2-1. One more game to go before Mike Yeo's team packs it in until next fall.
3) Scott Baker didn't make it past the 11-pitch mark in a rehab start in in Florida yesterday. GM Terry Ryan says Baker -- battling tendinitis -- "just didn't feel right."
4) A fantastic column today from the Star Tribune's Jim Souhan on today's starter, Carl Pavano. Bottom line: Mr. Moustache is the poster child for mental toughness.
5) Oh, yeah. The opener. Twins. Birds. A lid-lifter which also happens to be the 20th anniversary of Camden Yards. Actually, you had us at "opener." Bonus link: A great time capsule from the Coffeyville Whirlwind blog running down every Twins opener since 1961.
Fill out my online form.