Five stories to keep track of on a windy March Tuesday:
1) For the Wolves, it's Sweet 16 time.Sixteen games left. Eight at home, eight on the road, nine against teams with a winning record. Tonight, they're in Memphis to take on the Grizzlies. Which reminds us of two songs:
2) The Gophers are also on the road tonight, as they try to make it to the NIT Final Four. Their opponent is the University of Washington, who won the Pac-12 regular-season championship. The Huskies, a No. 1 seed in the NIT, wants to prove they belonged in the NCAA tournament.
3) Who's at first? This year,it might not be Justin Morneau day after day. There is more and more evidence that he might be better off as the Twins' full-time designated hitter.
4) The Twins' Scott Baker was drilled by the Tampa Bay Rays Monday in a spring training game -- his first start in a few weeks while battling elbow tendinitis. While Baker shrugged it off, Ron Gardenhire told the Pioneer Press: "That ain't good enough."
5) Do you like those old Hamm's Beer ads as much as we do? Thought so. Here's one with legendary boxer Rocky Marciano: