Standout basketball player Ben Carlson has narrowed his list of potential colleges to six, and his home state University of Minnesota Golden Gophers are among them.
Carlson, a 6'9'' power forward from East Ridge High School in Woodbury, is decided between the Gophers, Wisconsin, Purdue, Iowa State, Xavier and Stanford.
Corey Evans of Rivals describes Carlson as a versatile big man.
"He can score both facing the basket and with his back to it, has a quality feel for the game as he can contribute in the half-court setting, and is skilled but also versatile enough to fill either big man position along the frontline."
247 Sports ranks Carlson 74th nationally in the Class of 2020, and the 4-star recruit is ranked fourth among Minnesota's top 2020 players.
- Jalen Suggs, Minnehaha Academy (5-star guard, 12th nationally)
- Dawson Garcia, Prior Lake (4-star power forward, 32nd nationally)
- Dain Dainja, Park Center (4-star center, 47th nationally)
- Ben Carlson, East Ridge (4-star power forward, 76th nationally)
- Steven Crowl, Eastview (4-star center, 94th nationally)
The Class of 2021 features two Minnesotans in 247 Sports' top 25 national rankings: Chet Holmgren (Minnehaha Academy) ranks sixth, and Kendall Brown (East Ridge) ranks 22nd.
Brown, however, is playing out-of-state at a basketball academy for his upcoming junior season.