Another year in the NCAA tournament and another year with a deep run for the Gopher volleyball team.
Minnesota swept Georgia Tech 3-0 on Thursday to reach the Sweet 16, winning the three games by scores of 25-19, 25-21, and 25-18. They're back on the court Sunday at 12 p.m. CT against Pittsburgh with a trip to the Elite 8 on the line. You can watch the match on ESPN3.
Last year's NCAA tournament was wiped out by the pandemic, but making a deep run in the tourney has become commonplace for Minnesota, who have reached the Final Four three times during their run of their seven straight trips to the tournament.
- 2019: Final Four (lost to Stanford)
- 2018: Regional semifinal (lost to Oregon)
- 2017: Regional semifinal (lost to USC)
- 2016: Final Four (lost to Stanford)
- 2015: Final Four (lost to Texas)
- 2014: Regional semifinal (lost to Stanford)
Minnesota is the No. 3 seed in the tournament and the favorite to represent their corner of the bracket. To reach the Final Four, they'll have to beat Pittsburgh and then win against Washington or Louisville on Monday.
The Final Four will happen in Omaha, Nebraska April 22-24.