Skip to main content

Gophers pull out goal-fest in Bemidji, beat Beavers 6-3

  • Author:
  • Updated:

A very good night for Gopher hockey, with the Gopher women coming out victorious in Duluth 4-0 over UMD, and the Gopher men going north for a 6-3 win in game one of their two-game series against Bemidji State.

6 different players found the back of the net for Don Lucia's squad, with junior forward Sam Warning leading the Gophers with three points, and 11 different maroon and gold skaters finding the score sheet.

Here's their second goal off the stick of Ben Marshall.

Minnesota outshot the Beavers 37-21, with Adam Wilcox stopping 18 Beaver shots.

With tonight's win, the Gophers have beaten BSU eight straight times and haven't lost when Bemidji has hosted the U of M.

The Gophers are now 3-0, and return to the Sanford Center in Bemidji tomorrow for the series finale, a 7 p.m. puck drop.

Next Up

School dinners lunch

Minnesota to offer free school meals to 90,000 extra students

Gov. Tim Walz, who is facing re-election in November, announced the measure on Monday.


Minneapolis man dies from injuries days after motorcycle pileup

The 69-year-old died after four days at Regions Hospital.

Sebastion Wolbersen-O’Hara

Police: 15-year-old missing from home north of Twin Cities

Authorities say he may be headed to the metro.


Foundation, the building, the win

Identifying Value Plus Catalysts helps your financial strategy and foundation

boating minnesota lake

25-year-old Hopkins man drowns after falling off boat

The man reportedly fell from the boat while fishing with friends.

mayor frey city minneapolis live stream march 14 2022

What's in Mayor Jacob Frey's budget proposal?

Here's a breakdown of what the Minneapolis mayor is focusing on in 2023-24.

Low, Mimi Parker

Low cancels Europe shows due to Mimi Parker's cancer treatment

The Duluth band says the decision follows 'recent changes' in Parker's treatment.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 11.09.39 AM

Wisconsin man admits to 1992 revenge killings 15 years after boyhood tragedy

The 52-year-old man is in custody 30 years after the 1992 double murder.