Ten finalists for the annual Mr. Hockey Award were announced Friday, and eight of the 10 play for teams in the Twin Cities metro area.
The Mr. Hockey Award goes to the state's top senior player. The finalists are:
- Carter Batchelder, forward, Eden Prairie
- Cam Boche, forward, Lakeville South
- Jackson Hallum, forward, St. Thomas Academy
- Kyle Kukkonen, forward, Maple Grove
- Luke Levandowski, forward, Rosemount
- Luke Mittelstadt, defenseman, Eden Prairie
- Henry Nelson, defenseman, Maple Grove
- Joey Palodichuk, defenseman, Hill-Murray
- Jack Peart, defenseman, Grand Rapids
- Joey Pierce, defenseman, Hermantown
Three finalists for the annual Frank Brimsek Award, which is given to the state's top senior goalie, are:
- Aksel Reid, Blake
- Alex Timmons, Gentry Academy
- Jack Wieneke, Maple Grove
The Mr. Hockey Award Banquet is scheduled to happen at 4 p.m. on April 5.
Note: The finalists are chosen by NHL and Junior scouts, coaches and media members.