The sports landscape is so barren right now that NFL Network will televise a three-hour (!) reaction show dedicated solely to the NFL schedule release Thursday night.
It's the sports content football fans are thirsty for, including Minnesota fans who anxiously await to see when the Vikings will play likes of Tom Brady and the Buccaneers, Drew Brees and the Saints, and that other quarterback who plays for the Packers.
A few leaks have already been reported. Here's what's out there so far:
– Jeff Duncan of The Athletic reports that the Vikings will play the Saints in New Orleans on Christmas Day, which actually falls on a Friday.
– Danny Parkins of AM 670 The Score in Chicago reports that the Bears will host the Vikings on Monday Night Football in Week 10.
– Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press says it's likely that the Vikings and Lions will meet in Week 17.
It's also been reported by ESPN that the first four weeks of the regular season will be entirely NFC vs. AFC matchups. The NFC North faces the AFC South this season, so if the report is true it means the Vikings' first four games will be against, in no particular order, the Texans, Jaguars, Titans and Colts.
Overall, here are Minnesota's 2020 opponents: '
- Home: Bears, Lions, Packers, Jaguars, Titans, Falcons, Panthers, Cowboys
- Road: Bears, Lions, Packers, Texans, Colts, Saints, Bucs, Seahawks
The full schedule release happens at 7 p.m. today.