It's July and renowned NFL reporter Pete Prisco of CBS Sports has already predicted who he thinks will win every game – with score predictions included – for the entire NFL season.
Prisco has the Vikings going 11-5, trading wins in one-point games with the Packers, and finishing second in the NFC North. He's got Green Bay on top with a projected record of 12-4.
Here's his week-by-week picks for the Vikings.
- Week 1: Vikings 20, 49ers 17
- Week 2: Packers 27, Vikings 26
- Week 3: Vikings 27, Bills 7
- Week 4: Rams 21, Vikings 16
- Week 5: Eagles 28, Vikings 24
- Week 6: Vikings 27, Cardinals 21
- Week 7: Vikings 20, Jets 13
- Week 8: Vikings 28, Saints 23
- Week 9: Vikings 20, Lions 13
- Week 10: Bye
- Week 11: Vikings 15, Bears 10
- Week 12: Vikings 29, Packers 28
- Week 13: Patriots 23, Vikings 21
- Week 14: Vikings 23, Seahawks 21
- Week 15: Vikings 34, Dolphins 16
- Week 16: Lions 24, Vikings 22
- Week 17: Vikings 24, Bears 7
As you can see, Prisco isn't as negative on the Vikings as Fox Sports' Colin Cowherd has been, but he does agree with Coward that Minnesota could struggle early with tough road games against the Packers, Rams and Eagles.
Prisco thinks Minnesota will start slow by losing three of their first five games before winning nine of 11 to close the regular season. He also shows plenty of respect for the Vikes by projecting that all five of their losses will be by a combined 15 points.
Sadly, he picked the Eagles to beat the Vikings in the first round of the playoffs. In our humble, unbiased opinion, this will happen to the Eagles if they run into the Vikings again in the playoffs.
Prisco has the Packers beating the Saints in the division round, the Falcons in the NFC title game and then winning the Super Bowl over the Jaguars.
He's wrong, obviously, but he's entitled to his opinion.