Bring Me The News has launched a new podcast dedicated to Minnesota sports. Led by Declan Goff, with support from our sports editor Joe Nelson.
The debut episode is all about the upcoming border battle on Monday Night Football between the Vikings and Packers at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Check out some of the podcast talking points below. They're great stats and information you can share with fellow Vikings fans.
- Vikings opened as 4.5-point favorites and that has increased to 5.5 points.
- Vikings had 4 turnovers in the 21-16 Week 2 loss at Green Bay.
- Packers turned those 4 turnovers into just 7 points.
- Vikings averaged 7 yards per play Week 2, which is nearly a full yard more than the NFL's worst defense is allowing this season.
- In their past 10 games, the Packers have faced 8 teams with records at or below .500. The two other games were a 7-point win over the Matt Moore-led Chiefs and a 37-8 loss to the 49ers.
- The Acme Packing Company blog says only 54 percent of Green Bay fans are confident in entering Week 16.
A huge detail in Week 16 will be the offensive line protecting Kirk Cousins. In Week 2, Green Bay pressured Cousins a season-high 18 times, according to Pro Football Focus.
Those 18 pressures helped lead to three Cousins turnovers (2 interceptions, 1 fumble). He's been pressured 10+ times in only one other game this season.
Our regular podcast will soon be available for subscribers (free) on Apple/iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, and TuneIn + Alexa.