Sixteen teams have been invited to the Division 1 men's hockey NCAA Tournament, and Minnesota squads took the top three seeds.
Saint Cloud State, Minnesota-Duluth and Minnesota State-Mankato all secured No. 1 seeds at their respective regionals, meaning there's a solid chance Minnesota could have three teams at this year's Frozen Four in Buffalo, New York – something that's never been done before, let alone Minnesota have two teams in the Frozen Four.
Here are the matchups in the four regionals.
West Regional (Fargo, ND)
- No. 1 St. Cloud State vs. No. 16 American International
- No. 8 Denver vs. No. 9 Ohio State
Midwest Regional (Allentown, PA)
- No. 2 Minnesota-Duluth vs. No. 15 Bowling Green
- No. 6 Quinnipiac vs. No. 11 Arizona State
East Regional (Providence, RI)
- No. 3 Minnesota State vs. No. 14 Providence
- No. 7 Northeastern vs. No. 10 Cornell
Northeast Regional (Manchester, NH)
- No. 4 Massachusetts vs. No. 13 Harvard
- No. 5 Clarkson vs. No. 12 Notre Dame
Saint Cloud State is the No. 1 overall seed for the second straight year and is playing with a chip on its shoulder as they were upset at last year's tournament by No. 16 Air Force.
Minnesota-Duluth, last year's national champion, is the No. 2 seed and won the NCHC Frozen Faceoff on Saturday night in a thrilling 3-2 double-overtime win over SCSU.
Minnesota State-Mankato pulled off a miraculous comeback on Saturday to defeat Bowling Green and is the third overall seed in the tournament. MSU is looking for its first NCAA tournament victory.
Here's the puck drop date and times for each Minnesota matchup
- SCSU vs. AIC at 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 29 on ESPN3.
- MSU vs. Providence at 12 p.m. Saturday, March 30 on ESPNU.
- UMD vs. Bowling Green at 3 p.m. Saturday, March 30 on ESPNU.