The brackets for the high school girls' state hockey tournament will be unveiled Saturday morning after a handful of games put a bow on section tournaments Friday night.
All of the section finals yet to be played are in Class AA. Here's a look at the results so far.
Class A section final results
- Section 1: Rochester Lourdes 7, Faribault 1
- Section 2: Mound Westonka 2, Hutchinson 1
- Section 3: Mankato East/Loyola 4, Mankato West 3
- Section 4: St. Paul United 2, South St. Paul 1
- Section 5: Breck 7, Minneapolis 0
- Section 6: Fergus Falls 3, Alexandria 1
- Section 7: Proctor/Hermantown 3, Duluth Marshall 1
- Section 8: Warroad 4, Thief River Falls 1
The top four teams in the latest state rankings all made it to state: Warroad, Breck, Mound Westonka and Proctor/Hermantown. The other ranked team in the state tourney field is No. 7 Rochester Lourdes.
Unranked St. Paul United upset fifth-ranked South St. Paul.
Class AA section final results
- Section 1: Farmington 5, Lakeville North 4
- Section 2: Eden Prairie vs. Minnetonka 7 p.m. Friday
- Section 3: East Ridge 2, Eagan 0
- Section 4: Hill-Murray vs. White Bear Lake Friday 7 p.m.
- Section 5: Maple Grove vs. Centennial Friday 7 p.m.
- Section 6: Blake vs. Edina Friday 7:30 p.m.
- Section 7: Andover 4, Forest Lake 3
- Section 8: Brainerd/Little Falls vs. North Wright County Friday 7 p.m.
There are five section finals on the schedule for Friday night, including what should be an incredible matchup between the top two teams in the state: No. 1 Blake and No. 2 Edina. It's a shame that one of them won't make it to state.
A similar situation unfolded Thursday night as the third- and- fourth-ranked teams in the AA rankings met in the Section 7 final, with No. 4 Andover defeating No. 3 Forest Lake by a score of 4-3 in overtime.
Andover trailed 3-2 before tying the game with 13 seconds left in the third period, and then won it on a goal 23 seconds into overtime.
Note: That Blake-Edina game also features three of the five 2019 Ms. Hockey finalists: Izzy Daniel and Madeline Wethington of Blake, and CC Bowlby of Edina. The other finalists are Kaitlyn Kotlowski of Warroad and Kelsey King of Elk River.