A due diligence review of Zygi and Mark Wilf's finances will continue after the Vikings owners turned over all the required documents Tuesday that had been previously withheld.
Jenn Hathaway, a spokesperson for the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, told the Associated Press Wednesday that the review could wrap up as early as this week or next.
The probe was launched after a New Jersey judge ruled earlier this month that the Wilf's were guilty of fraud and racketeering in an unrelated, 21-year-old real estate deal.
Last week, the team unexpectedly cut off final stadium contract negotiations until the state's review is complete.
“Until the due diligence gets completed and they have confidence in our organization and our ownership that we are partners that can go forward, then there’s no point in having these discussions,” Lester Bagley, vice president of Public Affairs and Stadium Development for the Minnesota Vikings, said last week.
State Rep. Joe Atkins proposed that the state postpone a bond sale to fund the state's $348 million share of the nearly $1 billion project until the investigation is complete.
The review could also delay the stadium construction timeline that's scheduled to begin in October.