There's going to be a learning curve for anyone attending Vikings training camp this year as the team holds it in Eagan for the first time after spending the last 50+ years in Mankato.
Without boring you to death, here's what you really should be aware of (with more ticket and parking information further down).
- Rookies report to training camp on Tuesday, July 24.
- Veteran players report on Friday, July 27.
- Fans need to reserve tickets to watch training camp practices.
- All 18 days of training camp will have a ticket allotment of 5,000.
- Parking tickets have to be purchased in advance.
- Food and drinks will be available on site. Hot dogs are $3, bottled water is $1. You can bring your own water bottles, but coolers aren't allowed in.
- Fans will go through metal detectors just like they do at U.S. Bank Stadium, and purses and bags larger than a cell phone aren't allowed in.
- Players will sign autographs by position group. You can see the schedule here.
- The full training camp practice schedule is available right here.
The ticket situation is kind of confusing
So the ticket situation is a bit complicated, but here's the simplest way to explain it.
There are 5,000 tickets available for each day of training camp. Of those 5,000 tickets, 4,000 are general admission and cost fans nothing. The other 1,000 cost $20 and include access to a special red zone seating area.
Tickets to the general public can be reserved and purchased beginning Monday, June 25 at 9 a.m. by calling 612-33-VIKES or at Vikings.com/tickets. However, season-ticket holders get first dibs beginning this Thursday at 9 a.m.
But don't worry, the Vikings are holding 1,300 general admission tickets per day so the season-ticket holders don't snatch them all up.
There is a four-ticket maximum per fan and a limit of two days per fan.
There's a parking lot on site with 2,200 spaces, but $10 parking tickets have to be purchased in advance, which you can get during the ticket-buying/reserving process.
The only way into the parking lot and TCO Performance Center is via Vikings Parkway or Ames Crossing. The Vikes suggest you just enter the address (2600 Vikings Circle in Eagan) into your maps app on your smartphone.
Ride-share is available to training at one location and one location only: Trinity School at River Ridge, located at 601 River Ridge Parkway in Eagan.