Did you know that the Wolves opened every season from 2001 to 2013 at home? It's true, but the 2018-19 season will be the fifth consecutive that they open on the road when they play the Spurs in San Antonio on Oct. 17.
The season opener is the start of an 82-game schedule unveiled by the NBA on Friday. Minnesota's home opener is Friday, Oct. 19 against Kevin Love and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Of course, no LeBron James in that game because he's now with the Los Angeles Lakers.
LeBron and the Lakers will play at Target Center twice: Oct. 29 and Jan. 6.
The defending champion Golden State Warriors will play their two games in Minnesota in a span of a couple of weeks, coming to Target Center Mar. 19 and again on Mar. 29.
The full TV schedule is yet to be released, but the Wolves will play on national TV 13 times, including nine games on ESPN, three on TNT and one on ABC. Here's the order of all 13.
- Friday, Oct. 29 at Golden State Warriors (ESPN)
- Wednesday, Nov. 7 at Los Angeles Lakers (ESPN)
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 vs. New Orleans Pelicans (ESPN)
- Wednesday, Jan. 2 at Boston Celtics (ESPN)
- Friday, Jan. 18 vs. San Antonio Spurs (ESPN)
- Thursday, Jan. 24 at Los Angeles Lakers (TNT)
- Friday, Feb. 8 at New Orleans Pelicans (ESPN)
- Wednesday, Feb. 13 vs. Houston Rockets (ESPN)
- Thursday, Feb. 28 at Indiana Pacers (TNT)
- Tuesday, Mar. 12 at Denver Nuggets (TNT)
- Sunday, Mar. 17 at Houston Rockets (ESPN)
- Sunday, Apr. 7 vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (ABC)
- Wednesday, Apr. 10 at Denver Nuggets (ESPN)
The season is quickly approaching with just over two months before it starts.