Plans have been made to have the Vikings wear purple tops and bottoms for their Thursday Night Football matchup with the Washington Redskins Oct. 24 at U.S. Bank Stadium.
It'll mark the sixth time in franchise history that the Vikings wear all purple.
- Oct. 11, 1964 vs. Detroit, L 24-20
- Dec. 17, 2007 vs. Chicago, W 20-13 on Monday Night Football
- Nov. 7, 2010 vs. Arizona, W 27-24
- Oct. 27, 2013 vs. Green Bay, L 44-31 on Sunday Night Football
- Dec. 1, 2016 vs. Dallas, L 17-15 on Thursday Night Football
The all-purple uniforms are a nice change of pace, but for this writer, nothing beats the vintage Vikings jerseys that they never seem to wear anymore. You know, the dark purple that they wore when Gus Frerotte connected with Bernard Berrian for a 99-yard touchdown against the Bears in 2008?
Here's another blast from the past video of uniform styles the Vikings have worn since the beginning.