It hasn't been pretty of late for the Minnesota Lynx, having lost seven of the last 10 games. But they still sit comfortably, if there is such a thing, in eighth place in the WNBA playoff race.
Despite 30 points from Odyssey Sims, the Lynx lost 82-74 in Seattle Sunday afternoon.
Entering play Monday, the Lynx (13-14) are 3.5 games ahead of ninth place Indiana (9-17), which is a comfortable lead with just three weeks left in the regular season.
They're also just a half-game behind seventh place Phoenix (13-13), 1.5 games behind sixth-place Seattle (15-13) and 2.5 games behind fifth-place Chicago (15-11).
Even fourth-place Los Angeles (15-10) is within striking distance.
Another factor favoring the Lynx down the stretch is that four of seven remaining regular season game are at Target Center. Here's the final seven games, beginning Tuesday night in L.A.
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 - at Los Angeles, 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 22 - vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 25 - vs. Las Vegas, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 27 - vs. Chicago, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 1 - vs. Indiana, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 6 - at Phoenix, 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 8 - at Los Angeles, 3 p.m.
If Minnesota makes the playoffs but doesn't get one of the top-four seeds, they'll be forced to play in single elimination first-round game, and if they win that they'll be in another elimination game in the second round.