The top spot in the NFC wild-card race belongs to the Vikings after they beat the Packers 24-17 Sunday night at U.S. Bank Stadium.
NFC wild-card standings:
- Vikings (6-4-1)
- Redskins (6-5)
- Seahawks (6-5)
- Panthers (6-5)
- Eagles (5-6)
- Packers (4-6-1)
Minnesota plays at New England this coming Sunday followed by a massive showdown on Monday Night Football on the road against the Seattle Seahawks.
Key takeaways from the win over the Packers:
- Kirk Cousins completed 29-of-38 passes for 342 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Adam Thielen had 8 catches for 125 yards and a touchdown.
- Stefon Diggs had 8 catches for 77 yards and a touchdown.
- Dalvin Cook caught 3 passes for 47 yards and a touchdown.
- Sheldon Richardson had 2 of the Vikings' 4 sacks on Aaron Rodgers.
- Dan Bailey made just 1-of-3 field goals, although one miss was from 56 yards.
- Aaron Rodgers was held to 198 passing yards.
- Xavier Rhodes left the game in the fourth quarter with an apparent hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, the Packers' season is on the brink of elimination as they fall to 4-6-1 and two wins behind the wild card leaders.