The Minnesota Timberwolves upset the Golden State Warriors at Target Center, but that only tells part of the story.
The Wolves ended up clinching 131-130 thanks to a Karl-Anthony Towns free-throw at the end of overtime, after he was fouled by Kevin Durant on an inbound throw with 0.5 seconds left.
And that was the end of what was surely the craziest few minutes of any Timberwolves game – possibly any NBA game – this season.
Here's how those last few minutes played out:
– Wolves up 128-122 with 28 seconds left in OT.
– Steph Curry hits 3 to make it 128-125 with 23 seconds left.
– Bayless hits one of two free throws to make it 129-125 with 20.2 left
– Draymond Green scores on a put-back, 129-127 with 12.2 left
– Josh Okogie draws a foul and hits one of two free throws, 130-127 with 6.1 left
– Warriors call a timeout and Durant appeared to tie the game with a 3-pointer but it was waved off due to a foul.
– Warriors inbound and Curry hits a 3-pointers to tie things at 130 with 0.8 to play.
– On the ensuing inbound, Towns draws a foul from Durant.
– Towns hits one of two free throws, Timberwolves grab the rebound, game over. 131-130.
The Warriors were in shock – and were even laughing? – at the referees call of the foul on Durant.
Here's a rundown from Bleacher Report on the crazy ending.