Minnesota's weather stays warm Friday before a gorgeous holiday weekend, namely with the coolest mornings we've had since late-May and early June on Sunday and Monday.
But a blast of heat from the record-setting temps in Death Valley could arrive next week. And that heatwave is likely to make the fire season even worse.
Here's what's in today's video with meteorologist Sven Sundgaard.
- Preview: 0:00
- Losing daylight with arrival of meteorological fall: 0:27
- Atlantic hurricane season ramping up: 0:44
- Record-setting heat in Death Valley: 1:00
- Fire season is only going to get worse: 1:42
- That heat trying to move towards MN: 1:58
- "Pathetic" cool front moves through Friday: 2:36
- Cool mornings Sunday, Monday: 3:05
- Extended forecast: 3:30