Temps in the 90s. Check.
It's summertime in Minnesota and the weather and byproducts of it are all around, and that's what this week's episode of the "Way Over Our Heads" podcast with Jim du Bois and climatologist Kenny Blumenfeld is all about.
Kenny and Jim's talking points include:
- last week's severe weather across the state
- persistent flooding hindering farmers
- the return of 90-degree temperatures
- how vegetation impacts humidity (evapotranspiration)
- the difference between meteorological and astronomical summer
- June's status as the No. 1 month for severe weather in Minnesota
- amazing noctilucent clouds spotted in Minnesota
- the flooding impacting large parts of the U.S.
- a look at this week's weather.