The weather heating up in Minnesota, but nowhere near the potential all-time global September temperature record that could be set this week in Death Valley.
The normal high this time of year in the Twin Cities is 78, so upper 80s and 90s this time of year are well above normal. We're getting the upper-80s now, with 90s not out of the question next week.
Meteorologist Sven Sundgaard also has the lowdown on Friday's thunderstorm chances.
- Sven's awesome intro: 0:00
- Meteorological summer ends: 0:33
- Southerly flow brings heat, muggier air: 1:08
- Chance of thunder Friday: 2:19
- Blast of heat next week possible: 2:47
- Extended forecast: 3:45