Skip to main content

A storm system is set to deliver snow to Minnesota and Wisconsin Tuesday into Wednesday and there could be a narrow band of 6+ inches. 

"An area of six or more inches also looks likely, but the exact location and size of this band is still uncertain. Bottom line: get ready for snow on Tuesday and check back for updates with more details as Tuesday approaches," says the National Weather Service in the Twin Cities. 

The NAM computer model's future radar simulation. 

The NAM computer model's future radar simulation. 

A winter storm watch has been issued for a few counties in east-central Minnesota and more in northwestern Wisconsin, which is where the weather service has more confidence in 4-7 inches accumulating. The watch is expected to be extended south and west, but the NWS won't do that until they have more confidence in where the heavier band of snow will set up. 

Weather is sponsored by All Energy Solar: get a free installation quote now

For the Twin Cities, there is about a 75% chance of 2+ inches of snow and a 25% chance of 6+ inches, according to the NWS. 

Tab2FileL (7)
Tab3FileL (6)

Let's go through some models to see what they're forecasting. 

NAM model

nam-218-all-minnesota-total_snow_10to1-9831200

European model

ecmwf-deterministic-minnesota-total_snow_10to1-9820400

American model

gfs-deterministic-minnesota-total_snow_10to1-9874400

Canadian model

gem-all-minnesota-total_snow_10to1-9906800

Check back for updates. 

Next Up

ambulance

Two youths seriously injured after being struck by driver in Bloomington

Police say the boy is in a critical condition, while the girl has severe injuries.

Rosedale Center

Two men sentenced for carjacking in Rosedale Center parking lot

Leon Kismit Bell, 49, and Jack Mitchell Piche, 23, were sentenced in U.S. District Court on Jan. 20.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 3.59.30 PM

Police identify White Bear Lake officer shot while serving warrant

The officer is a six-year veteran of the department.

abortion, planned parenthood

Minnesota Senate passes bill codifying abortion into state law

Having already passed in the House, it will now be sent to Gov. Tim Walz for signing into law.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 7.45.44 PM

Tyre Nichols: Initial police version of events bear similarities to George Floyd killing

Memphis PD said Nichols complained of 'shortness of breath' following 'confrontations' with police, who in reality violently beat him.

George Floyd, protest

Twin Cities authorities preparing for community reaction to Tyre Nichols video

The ATF division in St. Paul sent out an alert out of "an abundance of caution."

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 2.12.05 PM

Changes at K102's Chris Carr & Company, with Sam Sansevere joining as co-host

She is the daughter of former KQRS morning show personality Bob Sansevere.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 1.16.21 PM

Minneapolis' Royal Foundry Craft Spirits announces closure

The distillery set out to infuse the Minneapolis craft cocktail scene with British flavor.

ShutterflyGoogle

Shutterfly to cut almost 100 jobs at Shakopee facility

The layoffs are expected to impact multiple positions within the company.

Related

Winter scene snow storm snowfall highway driving traffic - Joe Nelson Feb 2022 4

Winter storm warning for Twin Cities: 6+ inches possible

The heaviest snow could move through the Twin Cities.

snow

With 10 inches already, more snow to pile up in Twin Cities

At this rate, 15 inches in the metro isn't out of the question.

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 10.18.47 AM

Metro added to winter weather advisory; 4 inches possible Monday

It's the first snowy day of the season in the Twin Cities.

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 6.18.55 AM

Narrow band of intense snow to bring up to 7 inches to Minnesota

A winter storm watch has been issued where more than 6 inches could pile up.

snow, plow

Tuesday storm to dump plowable snow in Minnesota

Snow should reach the Twin Cities Tuesday morning and fall throughout the day.

storm, severe weather

Hail, strong winds could roll through Twin Cities Tuesday night

Storms could fire late this evening near the metro.

Winter scene snow storm snowfall - Joe Nelson Feb 2022 7

How much more snow and how cold will it get in MN?

The official forecast for the Twin Cities Tuesday-Thursday is 3.2 inches of snow.