18-year-old convicted of murder in 2010 triple slaying at Minneapolis market

An 18-year-old could face life in prison after being convicted of murder in a triple slaying at a Minneapolis market last year. The jury deliberated just one day before convicting Mahdi Ali of killing three men in an attempted robbery at the Seward Market and Halal Meat.
Author:
Publish date:

An 18-year-old could face life in prison after being convicted of murder in a triple slaying at a Minneapolis market last year. The jury deliberated just one day before convicting Mahdi Ali of killing three men in an attempted robbery at the Seward Market and Halal Meat.

Next Up

Related

6-year-old found parents, nanny dead in triple slaying in Oakdale

Police believe the deaths of an Oakdale couple and their nanny were a murder-suicide. The three were found dead by the couple's six-year-old daughter when she returned home from school. A three-year-old boy was in the home at the time and reportedly told neighbors that his father killed his mother.

Teens charged in slaying of 5-year-old boy

A 17-year-old and a 15-year-old have been charged with murder in last week's shooting that claimed the life of Nizzel George in north Minneapolis. According to a criminal complaint, the 17-year-old told a witness that he fired at the house where the young boy was sleeping last Tuesday.

Man cleared of murder charge after spending six years in prison

Douglas County prosecutors have dropped their charges against Michael Hansen. His murder conviction was overturned in light of new evidence that his three-month-old daughter died of accidental suffocation. Hansen says he can't get his six years back and just wants to move on with his life.

Life sentences handed down in 2007 St. Paul triple murder

The men were convicted of breaking into a couple's home and killing both adults and the woman's 15-year-old daughter in front of two younger children. The judge told them: "You only get one life ... and you will be spending the rest of yours in jail."

Judges deny 70-year-old convicted rapist's bid for more freedom

A three-judge panel denied a convicted rapist's request for a provisional discharge Friday over concerns of public safety. John Ryberg, 70, has admitted to committing more than 90 sex offenses dating back decades. He hoped to move to a Twin Cities halfway house from the Minnesota Sex Offender Program campus in St. Peter.