The first-round pick the Vikings sent to the Eagles in the trade for quarterback Sam Bradford was supposed to result in a late-first-rounder.
That's not the case anymore.
If the season ended today, that pick would be No. 14, according to PlayoffStatus.com.
The current draft order:
- Browns: 0-14
- 49ers: 1-13
- Jaguars: 2-12
- Bears: 3-11
- Rams: 4-10
- Jets: 4-10
- Chargers: 5-9
- Eagles: 5-9
- Cardinals: 5-8-1
- Bengals: 5-8-1
- Panthers: 6-8
- Saints: 6-8
- Bills: 7-7
- Vikings: 7-7
- Colts: 7-7
How will the Vikings fare in their final two games? If they finish 9-7 or 8-8 that pick will stay outside the top 10, but if they finish 7-9 there is a chance Philly has an elite pick waiting for them in April.
- Chargers: at Browns (0-14), vs. Chiefs (9-5)
- Eagles: vs. Giants (10-5), vs. Dallas (12-2)
- Cardinals: at Seahawks (9-5-1), at Rams (4-10)
- Bengals: at Texans (8-6), vs. Ravens (8-6)
- Panthers: vs. Falcons (9-5), at Buccaneers (8-6)
- Saints: vs. Buccaneers (8-6), at Falcons (9-5)
- Bills: vs. Dolphins (7-7), at Jets (4-10)
- Colts: at Raiders (11-2), vs. Jaguars (2-12)
It's unlikely the pick will go much higher than it already is, but if Minnesota finishes 7-9, that pick could crawl into the top 10 if Arizona, Cincinnati, Carolina and New Orleans pick up some wins.
Highly unlikely, but possible, nonetheless.