Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau issued a statement Friday saying she would begin a new "dialogue" with faith and cultural leaders in the city to rebuild public trust with the public after revelations of a second race-related incident involving off-duty Minneapolis police officers, the Star Tribune reports.
The paper reported Thursday that it obtained a police report that described an alleged incident involving three off-duty officers at an Apple Valley bar in November.
The officers, who are white, were reportedly captured on surveillance video chasing down a group of black men. According to a police report, one of the off-duty officers knocked one of the men down to the ground and used a racial slur.
On Tuesday, Harteau apologized for the behavior of two off-duty Minneapolis officers who were caught on dash cam video last month using racial slurs during an argument with black men outside a Green Bay, Wis., bar.
"While state law does not allow me to comment on the specifics of personnel matters, I know that any police misconduct does major damage to the progress we have made to build public trust," Harteau said in Friday's statement. "Unfortunately, it also overshadows the great work that is done by the members of this department daily."
Harteau added that that "there is no place for racism or discrimination of any kind within the MPD."
"It will not be tolerated, period. You can trust that I will ensure all incidents are investigated completely and when misconduct is found my response will be decisive," Harteau said.
She also noted in the statement that she would be working with Minneapolis' Civil Rights director Velma Korbel on establishing a new Police Conduct Oversight Commission, which will be appointed and working by September.