A Minnesota man accused of attempting to join the Islamic State militant group has pleaded guilty to charges.
Zacharia Abdurahman, 20, was arrested in April and charged with conspiracy and attempting to provide material support to the Islamic State.
In 2014, Abdurahman and three other men were stopped at a New York City airport while they were trying to get on a plane that would eventually get them to Syria.
He told a judge Thursday that he wasn't entrapped, which some of the defendants' families have claimed, saying he had the idea to travel to Syria to join the terrorist group before his friend became a confidential informant, Star Tribune reporter Libor Jany tweeted.
Abdurahman is the third Minnesotan to plead guilty in connection to the federal investigation that led to the arrest of eight Minnesota men on charges of trying to aid the terrorist group, MPR News reports.
Last week, Hanad Musse, 19, who was one of six men arrested in Minnesota in April, pleaded guilty to conspiring to support the Islamic State. And in February, 19-year-old Abdullahi Yusuf pleaded guilty to a similar charge, MPR News notes.
Five others still face charges of providing material support to the terrorist group, with a trial date set for February. However, family members told the Star Tribune plea negotiations are underway for many of the remaining defendants.