An early morning fire at an apartment complex in Eagan Thursday has left six families without a place to live, WCCO-TV reported.
Only one resident was reportedly injured in the blaze with minor burns as he tried extinguish the fire. The resident was treated at the scene.
Eagan fire officials said fire crews and police were called to Cinnamon Ridge Apartments at 3:34 a.m. on reports of a structure fire. A woman who lived at the complex noticed the fire, and alerted several of her neighbors of the blaze before crews arrived.
Fire officials said the blaze involved all three floors of the apartment building, but the damage was mostly contained to the exteriors of three units at the facility.
The city's fire chief said the cause of the fire may be careless disposal of smoking materials, KARE-TV reported.
See WCCO video from the scene below.