A Maple Grove home was destroyed in an early morning fire Sunday.
Roughly 70 firefighters responded to the 1600 block of 72nd Place North after a fire was reported around 4 a.m., WCCO reports.
The homeowner told investigators he heard popping and snapping, and when he looked outside his deck was on fire, the news station says.
The flames spread all the way up to the attic, FOX 9 says, and the home is considered to be a total loss.
The fire is believed to have started because a grill was left on, KSTP says.
The family got out of the house safely, despite smoke detectors not going off, FOX 9 notes.
A firefighter was sent to the hospital, KSTP says, but the extent of their injuries isn't know. FOX 9 says it may not be related to battling the fire.