9-year-old stowaway won't be returned to parents right away

Author:
Publish date:

The 9-year-old boy who sneaked through security at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and hopped a flight to Las Vegas will live away from his parents while they receive therapy, the Associated Press reported.

Hennepin County Judge Joseph Kline ordered Wednesday that the boy, who has a history of behavioral issues, receive treatment as well.

Both parents have been granted unlimited visitation with their son while the boy remains in out-of-home placement.

The boy spent last week in Las Vegas in the care of Child Protective Services after boarding a Delta plane without a boarding pass. He returned to Minnesota over the weekend.

Wednesday's hearing was prompted by a Child in Need of Protection or Services petition filed in Hennepin County Juvenile Court last week.

The Star Tribune's Rochelle Olson said the boy's family will return to court at a later date to evaluate their progress.

The boy did not attend the hearing, Olson said. The boy's whereabouts were not revealed, according to the Star Tribune's report.

Next Up

Related